News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Clean blend box LED fade

Started by Luke51411, February 23, 2015, 06:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

If the blend circuit calls for a 10k pot, is there any reason I couldn't use a dual pot and have each pot half in series with a clr for two separate LEDs so that the LEDs would change in brightness depending on which mix was higher?

cooder

That sounds like a nifty idea.... can't see why not. Worth a try I'd say, I've got a mixer in the queue as well, might take that to try.
I guess it could be that the LEDs need an extra clr to make them not too bright at the same time and also not to fry them at extreme settings. So it would be 10k pot to clr (of say 4K7) to LED on each side? Probably tweaking the value to give best results.
Cheers for the inspiration.
BigNoise Amplification

Luke51411

Yeah I'm planning giving each led it's own CLR. I'm not sure if the 10K pot will be enough to make a big enough difference as with the superbrights I've been using, I've occasionally used up to a 47k CLR. I'll have to do some breadboarding to see how they act. I may try 2 or three LEDs in series for each side as well.

GermanCdn

You could always change the one wiper on the dual to say 47kB or 100 kB (little bit of surgery) to give you more control over the LED.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Luke51411

Quote from: GermanCdn on February 23, 2015, 11:40:44 PM
You could always change the one wiper on the dual to say 47kB or 100 kB (little bit of surgery) to give you more control over the LED.
I breadboarded it with a 10k pot and it works well enough. I wanted to have 3 LEDs each at different brightness and as you turn it down the least bright turns off then the middle one but I don't think that will quite work the way I had hoped. I tried with a 100k pot but maybe I need even bigger. I'll play around with it more when I get a chance. I think though that there won't be enough definition between light and dark