News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ZOMBII WIRING HELP!

Started by PLAINCLOTHESMAN, June 15, 2011, 04:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLAINCLOTHESMAN

Hi guys, I feel like an idiot, and i had it working for week, but went to put it in a new enclosure and i cant figure out what i did wrong. I wanted to be able to test it without having it in the enclosure.

[attachment deleted by admin]

k.rock!

What's the problem? No sound when engaged? Hum? No sound at all?

Check your wiring soldering points and make sure they didn't come loose when you unpacked it.

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

gtr2

You need to connect the grounds between the input and output jacks.  You're enclosure took care of grounding between the two before.  That's why it worked then but not now.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

gtr2

If you have an jumper wire with alligator clips on each end you can just clip it on to test it.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

PLAINCLOTHESMAN

Ok so i got it working. all seems right. however, I can swtich the pedal on and off when dc is engaged and no input. it doesnt do this when i am just using a 9v. any thoughts? also, is it just me or does using a 9v make it super noisy?

[attachment deleted by admin]

gtr2

When running on a battery you need to be plugged into the input with your 1/4" jack for the pedal to turn on and off.  This is the way you wired it.  The battery is disconnected from the circuit when not plugged in.  This saves your battery life.

There should be less noise with a 9v battery because it is a much more pure power supply than a wall wart.

This pedal is noisy depending on the settings, it gets real crazy!!!  :o

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer