News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harbinger One Zener Diode

Started by Codeman1407, February 10, 2015, 11:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codeman1407

Hey guys,

Is there any replacement for the 15v Zener on the new Harbinger One schematic? (guessing not so..)

Does anyone have an extra that i could pay postage on? I don't want to have to pay $6-7 shipping for one diode.. anyone willing to help a brother out?

Thanks in advance!

Codeman1407

Nevermind, Needed a couple extra parts due to the layout changing for 2015.

luks999

the 15V zener must be new in the 2015 harbinger version ....
i built the previous version, diode wasnt there.

look at the older schematic, i think you can omit it. if its there only for polarity protection, a 1n4001 or 1n4004 will do

RobA

It looks to me like it's there for over voltage protection for the LT1054 and that goes with the 15V limit on the supply voltage that the LT1054 is spec'd at. If you were positive that you were never going to put more than 9V or so onto the pedal, then it should be fine to leave it off.

It makes sense to have it there though because the pedal can be built to run off of 18V. That could make it more likely that someone might mistakenly put an 18V supply into it.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

Strassercaster

hello i am actually headed to Gateway electronics in st louis  to try and get one . I ordered every single thing but the zener ha ha. i think they charge 50 cents for zeners . ill be happy to pick you up one and mail it out today. just email me your name and address. to strassercaster@charter.net. anyone else need one?..I hate spending 5 bucks for shipping i hope they have one im in the same boat. ha ha.

luks999

Quote from: RobA on February 12, 2015, 01:30:36 PM
It looks to me like it's there for over voltage protection for the LT1054 and that goes with the 15V limit on the supply voltage that the LT1054 is spec'd at. If you were positive that you were never going to put more than 9V or so onto the pedal, then it should be fine to leave it off.

It makes sense to have it there though because the pedal can be built to run off of 18V. That could make it more likely that someone might mistakenly put an 18V supply into it.

makes sense :) i never powered the harbinger with more than 12V (the LT1052 produced about 20,5V there). The vibe schematic can be powered with 24V max (acc to neovibe specs).
but the higher voltages are only relevant for the LAMP and the LFO anyway, the rest of the circuit has a voltage limiter (7815)
but good to know theres some LT1052 too now ;) the 2015 version seems pretty awesome anyway :)

im powering it with 9V and im happy :)