News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pop-Less Bypass Options- lets compile here

Started by claytushaywood, March 26, 2015, 10:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claytushaywood

***itd be really cool if you guys in the know out there could make this a compilation of bypass options, projects and sources.  I'm sure we all get the pro's and con's now (thats easy to find).  But how about options and whether or not they pop or click, what footswitches, and maybe some troubleshooting for popping bypass schemes that should be pop free

Ive really had a lot of problems with pedals popping very loudly recently.  And I'm sick of it. 

I've been researching, but i'm just getting more confused on the topic.  I was under the impression that relay with soft touch was popless and almost clickless (pop being the big boom sound and click being the actual mechanical sound of the switch getting amplified) but now I've read of some issues with relay bypass popping, and then ive heard that optical bypass gets pops too. 

I'd like to use soft touch as i see those types of switches lasting a long time (maybe not), but of course I guess the parts start adding up.

So where are schematics, PCBs, options available for different bypass systems that are ideally pop free!  and if I do get pops with one of these systems how can we diagnose the source?

Other topics of interest are multi bypass loopers- Id be very interested in doing like the JMK Epic Bypass Looper- if its pop free sign me up- i think itd be so cool to build some pedals that dont even have bypass switches or LED's on them and just use the epic.  But I also noticed it says relay bypass but then uses dpdt switches, cant you just use soft touch momentaries if youre getting into relays and micro controllers?

Other popless multiloop setups for the DIY'er out there? 

Ive also gotta look into multi amp switching and use. Lots of utility work and I'm having trouble finding projects and resources.

aion

Jack Orman's DPDT relay switch is here: http://www.muzique.com/schem/dpdt.htm

It started out life as a bypass scheme and has since been renamed to DPDT + LED, but it's primarily still for bypass.