News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Serendipity

Started by petesz, May 30, 2011, 06:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petesz

I originally built a G2 clone from a non-madbean board in this enclosure, but it sucked. I think I must have screwed something up but couldnt figure it out. So I gutted it, drilled an extra hole and tada Serendipity! I REALLY like this overdrive. So simple but sounds really great! Made its way to my board for the time being. I used a NE5532 ic and all BAT41. It is a little bit noisy when switched on though, not sure if that is normal.. was like that even before i boxed it up. Also i used a 2k7 CLR and it pretty much blinds me when i turn it on.. might have to fix that..
Heres a pic:

nzCdog

Cool pedal bro...  8) I reckon the Zendrive flavour is an aquired taste, never quite understood it myself... but some cats LOVE it huh.  I know what you mean about those Bright LEDs... I've got them in all my DIYs but lately I'm wondering if there's a need for all those lumens, my Boss pedals use 3mm Red after all ::)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Nice build! I bet that thing sounds really great.
You must have done something wrong with the G2 build cause that pedal is supposed to rip!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

slimtriggers

I like the layout of the knobs.  Gives it a unique look 8)

petesz

Thanks dudes, yeah unconventional knob layout just because I drilled that fourth hole in after haha. I've ordered another Serendipity board so I can build another in a smaller enclosure ;)
I should have ordered a Darkside board to give the G2 another shot.. But there's way too many other things I want to build!

nzCdog

My second comment is the huge knobs look reall cool
Quote from: petesz on June 01, 2011, 06:48:52 AM
But there's way too many other things I want to build!
Thats why we keep coming back here!!! Me too ;)