News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lunar Phase also known as Stage Fright

Started by Luke51411, January 15, 2015, 03:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

This is Brian's excellent Stage fright phase shifter. It is a very versatile phaser from really slow to warbly and the different character of 5 or 6 stages. I love it.
I'm now addicted to designing (hacking from google images) my own "art" for waterslide labels. It has actually motivated me much more to finish pedals especially if there is a good theme! I drilled the box according to the build doc and realized that some of the ICs I had sockets for we're not going to have enough clearance from the jacks so I had quite a bit of rework on this one but I love the end product. It turned out to be one of my neater looking guts.

bcalla

Ooooh.  Nicely done.  Clever use of the lunar phases.

TGP39

Great work getting those top mounted jacks to fit. Beautiful artwork too.

Steve
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

lars

Great job keeping those borders straight on a waterslide decal (I could never do that, hence why I stopped using them). Very clean build...classy all around. A sound clip is in order.

brejna

Luke51411

Quote from: lars on January 15, 2015, 07:23:24 AM
Great job keeping those borders straight on a waterslide decal (I could never do that, hence why I stopped using them). Very clean build...classy all around. A sound clip is in order.
Thanks! I think I must have bought good waterslide paper as it has mostly been pretty easy to work with. I anticipated more problems with it from what I have heard but the 3 I've done so far have gone on really nice! Thanks everyone for the compliments. Its a good feeling when you can see your work take a step up in quality. I'll try and get a sound clip together this weekend, this really is a great circuit!

Hogharry

Great graphic, I love it when a theme comes together like that because it just looks so right.

I've done a lot of waterslides in the past but I use self adhesive clear decals now with a good success rate. I think you are right about the quality with waterslides, I have bought some that was great and some that was impossible to use.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

Luke51411

Quote from: Hogharry on January 15, 2015, 02:27:29 PM
Great graphic, I love it when a theme comes together like that because it just looks so right.

I've done a lot of waterslides in the past but I use self adhesive clear decals now with a good success rate. I think you are right about the quality with waterslides, I have bought some that was great and some that was impossible to use.
I think I lucked into the good stuff as I just bought a pack of 10 from ebay. It goes on pretty easily and there is very little evidence of the edge of the decal once clearcoated.

selfdestroyer

Artwork and knobs are perfect for this build. Looks great together. Great job.

Cody

Luke51411

Finishing touches, artwork for the bottom cover.

Luke51411

Here is a sound clip. I'm not a very good player so uh... Don't expect much other than a great sounding pedal. Enjoy.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmbewsed7ls8alm/lunar%20phase.m4a?dl=0