Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Double Dragon (a tale of woe...)

Started by juansolo, January 18, 2015, 05:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brejna

That looks great as always. I like the street fighter theme :D

Hogharry

So what's the tale of woe part then? It sounds like a normal build to me. Well, apart from the Merc rubber, obviously. This could start a new fad for rubber clad pedals, you trendsetter!  ;D

Turned out nice in the end (did that sound like George Formby?) Good to know that even Cleggy can have a bad Envirotex day.

...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

selfdestroyer

I think rubber plugs should be used for all top mounted pedals so they enclosures will not rub against each other on a board... yeah thats it..

Great job.

Cody

gtr2

I remember playing that back in the day!  Good times!

Looks great!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

chuckbuick

Sweet!  That's a lot of metal there.  Hopefully that's not a Porsche part in there.

juansolo

Quote from: chuckbuick on January 19, 2015, 02:18:08 PM
Sweet!  That's a lot of metal there.  Hopefully that's not a Porsche part in there.

Haven't had to start plugging holes in the Porsche just yet ;)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Govmnt_Lacky

So you were intending to make the In/Out jacks as side mount but had to relocate to top mount? And this was after the decal work?

Either way... I like the after use of the grommets to hold the PCB! Also, recycling parts from the vehicle is true dedication to your trade.  ;)

wgc

Awesome, when the plugs pop out, you know you have too much gain.   :)
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

culturejam

Love it!

And I love your tenacity. I probably would have shelved it for a few years, at least. :)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

rullywowr

Love it!  Double dragon was a lot of fun back in the day.  This looks like it was a PITA to get together, but you made it happen.  You really know how to make those knobs look so great on your builds!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Jabulani Jonny

Holy crap that's tight!  Sweet build and glad it all came together.  Gotta love some old school arcade themes.
Jonathan

juansolo

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on January 20, 2015, 04:15:21 PM
So you were intending to make the In/Out jacks as side mount but had to relocate to top mount? And this was after the decal work?

Either way... I like the after use of the grommets to hold the PCB! Also, recycling parts from the vehicle is true dedication to your trade.  ;)

Yep, exactly that. If I'd mounted them under the board and used enclosed Neutrik jacks I could have done it too. Mounting at the side in high gain is good as you're not running signal wires over the board... So I ended up putting them on the back and shielding them. As the decal had been on twice, I wasn't going to strip it a third time just for the in / out labelling! ;)

I'll get another grommet for the car at some point.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk