News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Godin Acousticasters.......Any good?

Started by hoodoo, January 12, 2015, 01:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

G'day to all, Matt here, just wanting to hear from anyone with an opinion on these. I've got the opportunity to buy one pretty cheap, thanks  :). And ........ Deal done

RobA

Quote from: hoodoo on January 12, 2015, 01:40:40 AM
G'day to all, Matt here, just wanting to hear from anyone with an opinion on these. I've got the opportunity to buy one pretty cheap, thanks  :)
I haven't tried an Acousticaster. I do have the pretty similar A6 Ultra. I also have one of  their nylon string models. I like them both. I have changed out both pickup systems and the preamp in the A6 Ultra and that improved it a bunch. But it's a nice and pretty unique guitar to begin with. One of the main things about it is that like every Godin I've played, it's got a really nice comfortable neck.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

GermanCdn

I don't have an Acousticaster, but I've owned a half a dozen Godins.  Very good guitars, and seem to offer a lot more than comparable brands at the same price point.

I own an LGX-SA (top end LG w/ LR Baggs Piezo and Roland Synth), and the acoustic sounds of the guitar is certainly passable for live performances if you're only using it on a couple of songs, or doubling the tracking.  You won't convince anyone in the audience that you are playing a Taylor or a Martin though.

Tried an A6 a while back which was used for like $400.  Didn't end up picking it up because a) didn't sound that much better than my LGX b) I don't play out much anymore and c) when I do use acoustic live, I like a real acoustic, not just for how it sounds, but also how it feels.

TLDR - if you play live and need a reliable acoustic to get you close to an "acoustic" sound but still plays like an electric, it's a pretty good choice.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

flanagan0718

I was working for Daddy's Junky Music when they started to carry Godin Guitars. They are really nice instruments. I would certainly purchase one of the electrics if I was in "need" of another guitar. I have not played the Acousticaster but so far I haven't seen a bad product from them.

billstein

I played with a worship leader that had a Godin electric acoustic. That was a great guitar. I also own a LGX-SA which is a fantastic guitar. I've never heard anything but good about Godin.

hoodoo

Thanks for the advice gents, looks like i might have to spend some money  ;)

hoodoo

On good advice  ;), i went ahead and grabbed the acousticaster, pictured in original post,for those that are interested, and as was mentioned, it's a very well made guitar, pulled it to bits, cleaned it up, new strings and for a couple of hundred bucks, am super happy. Thanks for the replies  :)

billstein

Congratulations. It sounds like you got a killer deal.