News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Empty Hearts Fuzz (Classic NES content!)

Started by Luke51411, January 23, 2015, 04:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

Special thanks to DiabloChris as I got a December pif from him of his empty hearts fuzz which is Devi Ever's legends of fuzz. He built it in a 1590a, I did not. He included deas for some mods that I couldn't not do. So basically now it is at least 5 different DE circuits. Many different flavored of fuzz especially for those who like to make noise 8)
Some of the DE effects are Soda Meiser, vintage fuzz machine, legends of fuzz, and I can't remember the rest. I couldn't remember which switch positions were which circuits so I just used pictures! I think this is the best complete theme pedal I've done as far as graphics so here it is:

The guts are spaghettified.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

bcalla

Graphics are slick and nice job with the LEDs.  There's an awful lot going on inside there.

Luke51411

Quote from: bcalla on January 23, 2015, 04:18:50 AM
Graphics are slick and nice job with the LEDs.  There's an awful lot going on inside there.
There is a lot but it's broken up into nice bite size chunks for the most part. The wiring was a pain.

kgull

This is great, love the theme of the pedal. How did you do the graphics? It looks like waterslide decals but I don't see any edges.

Luke51411

The graphics are on Laser water slides. I clear coat when they are dry. In person you can see the edges a bit more than on a couple builds. I think it didn't adhere quite as good to the non sanded enclosure as it does to the mildly polished ones I've done. Still, I'm Very happy with the look of this one.

cooder

Awesome! this must be fun to play with I guess... mayhem galore fuzziness...
BigNoise Amplification

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

diablochris6

I'm glad you enjoy it. So many raunchy sounds to pick from. It almost makes me want to take another crack of my own and add all the variations...almost; putting that beast in a 1590a is a piece of art in itself. I also love the idea of the LEDs depleting your hearts as you flip certain switches. Primo job!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Luke51411

Quote from: diablochris6 on January 23, 2015, 07:04:32 PM
I'm glad you enjoy it. So many raunchy sounds to pick from. It almost makes me want to take another crack of my own and add all the variations...almost; putting that beast in a 1590a is a piece of art in itself. I also love the idea of the LEDs depleting your hearts as you flip certain switches. Primo job!
Thanks for all the suggestions! There are so many different sounds. I always forgot which switch positions were which tone/circuit which is why I labeled them with pictures! Which I think turned out better anyway. I think my favorite so far is the vfm or at least what I think is the vfm. It's the octave up one and then the one that is very similar sounding to the vfm but without the octave.

Hogharry

What a great build! Why have one mod when you can them all? Loads of fun.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

Luke51411

Here is a quick demo of some of the things it can do. Don't mind my noodling...https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kfjpr0xs74gef0/Jan_23_2015-001.m4a?dl=0
There's a good chance the link might not work as I'm on my phone and not sure if the folder is shared or not. Let me know either way please.

selfdestroyer