News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Madbean 8-ball diode switch question.

Started by SmoothAction, January 29, 2015, 11:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmoothAction

Just finished populating the 8ball and realized I dont have any DPDT switches. I decided I would jumper the pads for the switch to only have the soft clipping, just the 1n914s. I left off the LEDs completely.

If you're looking at the top of the pcb, the switch pads are near the bottom right of the pcb. I jumpered the bottom two horizontal pads and the middle two horizontal pads.

Is this the correct way to jumper the switch so I only have the 1n914's in the feedback loop?

Thanks team.

Max

TGP39

From looking down at the PCB....the bottom dPDT switch looks like it does the following:

1. The switch in the up position would activate the Led diodes to Clip.
2. The switch in the down position would activate D3, D4, D5 and D6 to clip.

Does this help?

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

SmoothAction

Thanks Steve, yea that's what I assume, except I was thinking the down position activates the LEDs and up position is the 1n914 section. However, I'm not getting any audio out of the circuit. No hum or buzz even. It's either I didn't jumper correctly (not sure that would completely kill the signal), or I have a faulty pot. Had to scavenge all of the pots off of other older builds... my soldering back then was horrible. Too much heat, too much solder. It's highly likely my pots are screwed. I'll post a picture once my phone charges. I was practicing my SMD (for class) soldering all day, and hastily put together the 8-ball for fun afterwards and obviously made a mistake. We'll see, thanks for the response brother! I'll nail it after I check the schematic tomorrow, kinda burnt out today. Gotta take my first test in my soldering certification class bright and early.

Thanks!

Max

TGP39

Good luck on the exam Max. Maybe you can teach me to solder smd someday.  :)

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.