News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Delay for stompbox newb

Started by Luke51411, January 06, 2015, 02:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

I'm building a delay for a friend that has played acoustic in a band for quite a while but just got an electric guitar. She doesn't know anything about pedals so I want to build a simple delay that sounds good and is user friendly and fairly low parts count. I'll probably build on vero. I've built a handful of delays already but I'm just looking for a good "first pedal" delay. I'm thinking about pairing it with a cj shoot the moon tremolo that I have oshpark boards coming for but would need to fit in to a bb size box. I may nix that idea if real estate is an issue though.

SmoothAction

Hey Luke, you've probably been here but it's a great resource to point out either way.
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/search/label/Delay

I see a few on this page that would fit your bill. If it were me I'd do the 2 knob rebote if you are set on vero but there are plenty on that page to go after. I really liked the 2 knob rebote (the original, I believe). Pretty much from the pt2399 data sheet with an input buffer. It was easy and clean sounding.

Even easier is 'beans Cave Dweller. Straight up. Get a PCB. I'd say it's a bit gnarlier, but when was that ever a bad thing? A bit darker too, but also the most simple/usable delay available.

Anyway, I'm sure you've seen |v|arks vero page. I personally liked a 2 knob rebote delay for a long time. Just build all of em' of course. It's always cool to get someone into pedals, too. Delay is a rabbit hole... ... ...

Max

Luke51411

I built the two knob rebote and it's a nice delay but I'm getting a lot of noise at mid delay times seemingly sooner than other delays I've built though I guess it's probably less filtered than others? It just seems like the noise shouldn't be an issue until at least 3/4 rotation, I've tried 2 pt2399 that I got from MKLEC which seems to be a reputable company.