News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How many projects do you have in your cue?

Started by blearyeyes, January 10, 2015, 02:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

Quote from: Willybomb on January 10, 2015, 11:10:04 AM
The Klon, Compressor, and Egghead are all going in a single DD box called "Ammo Can".
I've been rocking this combo (minus compressor) a while and love it!!

I have a fuzz face and modded BB Preamp I'm tweaking.  And colossus board waiting for some love.  Oh, and a Lil'Watter board I etched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blearyeyes

Quote from: Scruffie on January 10, 2015, 05:19:45 PM
Quote from: blearyeyes on January 10, 2015, 08:17:14 AM
Ok Jesse, the monkey can shoot now. You're the only insane one oh I mean sane oh well I'm not sure... Talk to the monkey!
You know, one day he'll change his avatar and if anyone reads this after that, you're going to sound utterly insane :D

I think about... 5 PCBs to build and about 5 things that need boxing.

Wow Scruffie,
Sounds like you have it under control!
What's your secret?

As far as looking completely nuts, bonkers or wacko...
Too late to worry much about that hehe

Scruffie

Quote from: blearyeyes on January 10, 2015, 09:02:37 PM
Quote from: Scruffie on January 10, 2015, 05:19:45 PM
Quote from: blearyeyes on January 10, 2015, 08:17:14 AM
Ok Jesse, the monkey can shoot now. You're the only insane one oh I mean sane oh well I'm not sure... Talk to the monkey!
You know, one day he'll change his avatar and if anyone reads this after that, you're going to sound utterly insane :D

I think about... 5 PCBs to build and about 5 things that need boxing.

Wow Scruffie,
Sounds like you have it under control!
What's your secret?

As far as looking completely nuts, bonkers or wacko...
Too late to worry much about that hehe
Well I mean the crack helps.

Ohh, you mean the builds, I actually don't build for my self very much at all (and don't particularly enjoy it anymore either, the drilling and finishing etc) more of a designer, thousands of circuits have passed through my breadboards. Plenty of built prototype boards too but they were never intended for boxing or even using really so i'm not counting those.

So only particular circuits ever get built for boxing rather than me just building everything, although I certainly try a lot of circuits on the breadboard. I guess that's the secret, try before you buy.
Works at Lectric-FX

blearyeyes

QuoteThe Klon, Compressor, and Egghead are all going in a single DD box called "Ammo Can".

I was thinking the same thing. The Kingslayer sounds great driven by a pre I have in one of my guitars.. Didn't think about a comp though.. Hmm

juansolo

Quote from: blearyeyes on January 11, 2015, 10:12:17 PM
QuoteThe Klon, Compressor, and Egghead are all going in a single DD box called "Ammo Can".

I was thinking the same thing. The Kingslayer sounds great driven by a pre I have in one of my guitars.. Didn't think about a comp though.. Hmm

This all sounds very familiar ;)

For what it's worth, I can highly recommend the above combo.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

blearyeyes

Blah blah..

[deleted]

blearyeyes

Man I can really ramble...

[Deleted]

Willybomb

QuoteThis all sounds very familiar ;)

I don't know that I saw that build, but I'll definitely credit you with the Klon and DO280 idea - you said you liked the DOD280/Klone combo, so off I went and built the vero off I\/Iark's site using a vactrol instead of a roll your own.

On that note, the footswitches arrived from ebay/china today - black 3dpt instead of blue... should be interesting.

Muadzin

I have parts for a Stone Grey Distortion/Little Green Wonder combo on the way and a Flintlock Flanger that needs to be boxed. Other then that nothing as I never populate circuit boards ahead of drilling/painting a box, so they always get finished together. And, I'm ashamed to say, I just can't be arsed to rock it before I box it. Which further explains why I don't have ready to be boxed circuit boards lying about.

I do have a pile of pedals that need troubleshooting though. At least 3 delays, a Colossalus, a Pork Barrel and a few others.

davent

I've a SE transistor HiFi amp for my shop i've been throwing parts in a box for since 2005, i think i'm just short the power transistors. A HoSo 56 guitar amp for which i've done the preamp/PI eyelet board. A Rebote that's been sitting for a year waiting to be installed in the enclosure that's been done for just as long. Then maybe half a dozen commercial boards of varying complexity to be worked up into pedals.

Moritorium on starting/buying any shiny new babbles until i work through what i've on hand. I'm not much good to the economy... unless you're talking food.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Luke51411

Quote from: davent on January 12, 2015, 03:31:33 PM
Moritorium on starting/buying any shiny new babbles until i work through what i've on hand. I'm not much good to economy...
I keep telling myself I'm going to do this...

flanagan0718

Far too many! I have probably 5 or 6 ready to be boxed 1 prototype in the works, and probably about 50 or 60 bare boards to populate and box. I just recently put a temp bench together, so the gears have started turning again.

GermanCdn

Pop'd and ready to box - probably 50
Currently in the BOF, to be troubleshot or cannibalized - probably 20 ( I haven't debugged a build in forever, I just move on to the next build) ::)
Empty boards - probably 100.  Most are duplicates/extra Osh Park boards/freebies, so it's not like I'm deliberately buying and not building.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.