News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fluff Girl Audition / Final Tusk

Started by juansolo, February 11, 2015, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

I could have gone so far into wrong with the decal and instead decided to go all sensible, but keep the name ;)

This taken into account, expect one with a really innocent name to have full frontal nudity on it :)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

studiodunn

Those look great, as they always do.

bcalla

I like how you use different artwork on all of your pedals, but they all look like yours!  Your style always shines through.

Jabulani Jonny

Man I always love your art.  Where'd you find that one?  Ya know, for science and all.   ;D

I've got a tusk that I finished, but get no signal from.  It's the oddest thing I've ever come across cause it's such a straight forward build.  I see the daughterboard still requires you to swap pads 1 & 3.  Have those been fixed? 
Jonathan

juansolo

Quote from: Jabulani Jonny on February 12, 2015, 10:48:09 PM
Man I always love your art.  Where'd you find that one?  Ya know, for science and all.   ;D

Dunno on that one. I have a stash of stuff I've found on the internet that I liked for future use. Generally it's psychedelic / stoner rock art. Gig flyers are sometimes a good bet, but tend to need a bit of editing. That was one come to think of it, but I can't remember who for. But I'll occasionally throw in some Anime/Manga too when I'm in the mood.

Quote from: Jabulani Jonny on February 12, 2015, 10:48:09 PMI've got a tusk that I finished, but get no signal from.  It's the oddest thing I've ever come across cause it's such a straight forward build.  I see the daughterboard still requires you to swap pads 1 & 3.  Have those been fixed?

Yeah that was sorted out aaaages ago. I've still got a handful of proto's left over though that I occasionally sell to go to the pedal fund. Probably got about 6 populated boards left as well as the two listed. All of them are pre-fix so need the twist.

Not sure why you've got no signal though. Never had an issue with it. Audio probe time...

rullywowr

Both builds are really sweet (as usual).  Interesting to see the trimmers on the bass balls.  That's a quality layout for the Klone, very nice.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Luke51411

We need a bangin demo vid of the fluff girl.
I'm sorry

GrindCustoms

Those looks fantastic bro! 8)

Very happy that you're confirming my thoughts about the modded BassBalls!  ;D

The FluffGirl with some other new layouts is due very soon... ...and yes GB will occur because that's how we roll!

Would some of you guys be interested in a single run/groupbuy for the Tusk, as it's my personal Klone layout?

Sorry for invading your thread like that John.... ::)

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

chordball

I'd be in for a tusk or two. That layout is sexy!

juansolo

Quote from: GrindCustoms on February 13, 2015, 04:45:12 AM
Those looks fantastic bro! 8)

Very happy that you're confirming my thoughts about the modded BassBalls!  ;D

The FluffGirl with some other new layouts is due very soon... ...and yes GB will occur because that's how we roll!

Would some of you guys be interested in a single run/groupbuy for the Tusk, as it's my personal Klone layout?

Sorry for invading your thread like that John.... ::)

Not a prob my friend  8)

Bass balls is really cool. The balance control actually makes setting it up really easy (as it's got two envelopes a hi and low freq and the balance allows you to hear what each is doing individually).  Decay controls the length and sens is sens. Once you've got it right (to me it sounds best with them a little bit off from each other) it can get REALLY vocal. Borderline Dipthonizer at times. Really unique and cool sounding filter and, unusual for an old EHX, quiet!

The Tusk is the bollocks if you want to put a Klone in a small box. It simply doesn't get better than that.

luks999

great looking builds inside and outside :)

is the final tusk a true bypass klon circuit, did you the pcb by yourself?
i wonder how the pots are installed. that are no pcb mounted pots right?

juansolo

Rej's Tusk is a buffered bypass only klone. Pots are all board mount. Really easy to build and really solid.