News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Chorus Hunt

Started by mmlee, December 31, 2014, 02:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muadzin

I still have a BYOC analog chorus, which unlike the current version, whch is CE-2 based, was based on the Small Clone. Still my favorite chorus. Especially since I did a speed and vibe mod. The speed mod, it's kinda meh, the vibe mod I really dig.

blearyeyes

Quote from: RobA on December 31, 2014, 04:29:07 PM

I prefer the Small Clone to the CE-2 and one of my primary motivations in starting to DIY pedals was to "get back" the CE-2 I sold years ago. I did build a couple of CE-2 clones and was quite happy with the Pork Barrel.

@RobA funny I started down the path for the same reason...to get my CE-2 back.

I built a Porkbarrel but for some reason it does not sound like the CE-2. I had a lot of issues with that build though. Might have to build another one.

I built a penny royal that is sweet sounding. I have a Colasallus finished, a Doubel Ganger to box, a flintlock, Celeste, and one other to build so I'm on a quest as well...
Good luck!

mmlee

I'll be picking up a pennyroyal and a Celeste. Cheers everyone!
>Marcus

Willybomb

With the Pork Barrel, sorta do the depth mod but omit the led and instead of the 22k, go up to 37k or so.  Makes a huge difference.

blearyeyes

Quote from: Willybomb on January 02, 2015, 09:25:46 PM
With the Pork Barrel, sorta do the depth mod but omit the led and instead of the 22k, go up to 37k or so.  Makes a huge difference.

Maybe I'll try that, adding a road rage really cleans up the Porkbarrel a lot.