News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Current Lover Cap value and function question

Started by Luke51411, December 19, 2014, 11:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

C14 and C15 are 33uf which I don't have. Correct me if I'm wrong in any of my conclusions. They are in the negative feedback loop of the lm324 which is part of the lfo I believe. They are in series but are facing opposite of each other ie the negative legs are connected. What are they doing in that configuration? Can I sub in 22 or 47 Uf caps with reasonable results. Just for fun I'm going to guess what they are doing, I think it has to do with the max rate range of the lfo, if I'm right increasing would make a longer possible sweep and decreasing would make a shorter possible sweep. I'm probably way off but hey this is how I'll learn!

Scruffie

You're on the right track, they basically form a 16.5uF NP Capacitor (capacitors in series) a 47 & 22uF would be about 15uF so close enough, you'd loose some of the slower stuff and get a bit more high speed but it should be perfectly usable and yes they set the range of the LFO as they are charged and discharged.
Works at Lectric-FX

Luke51411

Thanks. I guess I understand a little more than I thought. If I wanted a rate led could I add a clr at the junction of C15 and R24 to an led and parallel resistor like the one on the stage fright?