News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Best one-knobbers?

Started by mcallisterra, December 18, 2014, 02:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Quote from: flanagan0718 on December 18, 2014, 12:41:57 PM
What about the cupcake. Or maybe a Little Angel chorus with a fixed depth or rate.

This would definitely work. The Little Angel only sounds good with Depth maxed anyway.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

mcallisterra

Some great ideas!

I know this is probably sacrilegious around here, but I'm not a huge fuzz fan. I've got the fixed wah covered with a BYOC envelope filter.

I quite like the Magnavibe and Little Angel ideas!

Any other hidden gems?

flanagan0718

Quote from: mcallisterra on December 18, 2014, 03:07:48 PM
Some great ideas!

I know this is probably sacrilegious around here, but I'm not a huge fuzz fan. I've got the fixed wah covered with a BYOC envelope filter.

Any other hidden gems?

EHX Dr. Q.

mcallisterra

Does anyone make a PCB for the Magnavibe? Or something very similar?

micromegas

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

Hogharry

Quote from: mcallisterra on December 18, 2014, 03:47:31 PM
Does anyone make a PCB for the Magnavibe? Or something very similar?
I build mine on vero from IvIarks layout using LED/LDR combo with a light shield made from a McDonald's straw and some black tape. Worked perfectly first time and it sounds fantastic.

I've bought a few PCBs from pedalparts.co.uk recently and I've been pretty pleased with them. In fact I got some in the post today. I'd not noticed the Magna before but then he does so many not it's not surprising really!
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

mcallisterra

Quote from: Hogharry on December 18, 2014, 04:08:44 PM
I build mine on vero from IvIarks layout using LED/LDR combo with a light shield made from a McDonald's straw and some black tape. Worked perfectly first time and it sounds fantastic.

I've bought a few PCBs from pedalparts.co.uk recently and I've been pretty pleased with them. In fact I got some in the post today. I'd not noticed the Magna before but then he does so many not it's not surprising really!

Yea it looks good. Might have to try that one!

Hogharry

Just read my own post on the Tagboard blog: Looks like a Burger King or KFC straw might be better at they're a smaller diameter. I used a normal red LED with the head bent at 90 degrees so that it pointed straight at the LDR, which was fairly randomly sourced on eBay.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

mcallisterra

Quote from: Hogharry on December 18, 2014, 11:43:56 PM
Just read my own post on the Tagboard blog: Looks like a Burger King or KFC straw might be better at they're a smaller diameter. I used a normal red LED with the head bent at 90 degrees so that it pointed straight at the LDR, which was fairly randomly sourced on eBay.

I saw that post when Googling it actually  ;)

jball85

I've always felt the RM Axis Fuzz should have a fixed volume control (maxed out).

Leevibe

GrindCustoms

Quote from: flanagan0718 on December 18, 2014, 03:32:09 PM
Quote from: mcallisterra on December 18, 2014, 03:07:48 PM
Some great ideas!

Any other hidden gems?

EHX Dr. Q.

Indeed and you can even bypass the toggle switch and keep it in bass mode, that's where it sounds de the best.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

nieradka