News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MN3005 for Aquaboy

Started by MattL, January 20, 2011, 07:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattL

I can't find an MN3005, even at Small Bear or Mouser. Can I use an MN3002, and if so, what would be the consequences good or bad compared to the 3005? Would I have to change other components in compensation?

madbean

I would not recommend this. The MN3002 is only 512 stages as compared to the 4096 stages of an MN3005. At best, you will only get slapback out of it.

I recommend going with the v3205/v3102 combo. These are readily available.

MattL

Thanks Brian; since I had already ordered the 3002, do you know of a project that it may ever be useful for? I have gone ahead and ordered the v3205 etc. though...also, to get an idea of how these things word, had I ordered a 3007 (which I could have), would that have worked? Thanks again!

pandadandan

madbean

Those are usually 1024 stages.

But, a slapback echo might be a good use. I don't know of a project off the top of my head that uses one.

Maybe try a search on DIYSB. I bet someone has found a use for the MN3002 there.

MattL

Thanks guys I will try DIYSB and see what I find...I'll get back if there's anything cool!

sgmezei

Just another quick aquaboy chip question.

Can I use the MN3101 instead of the v3102? Or do the chips have to be strictly whats listed. Like swapping the v571 for the NE570 for example.

Thanks team

gtr2

I think I tried the mn3101 and it was fine with the v3205's.  I used the v3201 though because it didn't make a difference and it's cheaper & easier to replace.

I also tried the ne570 but used the v571 because the delays were less noisy.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

sgmezei

Great, thanks for the tip. I have to do a small bear order and will get the right ones as well. I thought I would just build the left column on the BOM and didn't realize you can't readily find the MN3005. So I have everything but hahaha