News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NYDPD

Started by bcalla, December 08, 2014, 01:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcalla

New Yamaha Digital Piano Day!

Well, new to me anyway - the Yamaha PF-500 was discontinued in 2006.  I picked it up yesterday via local Craig's List.  Just what I wanted, 88 weighted action keys, nice piano sounds, and looks good enough that my wife is OK with keeping it in our living room.  Now all I need to do is learn how to play it!   ;D

Also, I had interesting experience with the seller.  I had to drive about 50 miles to pick it up.  Chatting with the seller (who is a sax player), it turns out he is from the same town as me and lived about a half mile away, is 3 years younger than me, and knows a lot of the same people.  He was in a band with an old friend of mine.

blearyeyes

That looks like real nice.
Does it have a MIDI I/O on it?

Muadzin

Sweet! I want one too!  8)

bcalla

Quote from: blearyeyes on December 09, 2014, 08:48:49 AM
That looks like real nice.
Does it have a MIDI I/O on it?

Yes, it has jacks for MIDI in, out & thru.  It also has a host connection for a computer.  I have never ventured into the world of MIDI so I don't know how I could make use of this.

muddyfox

So you can't actually play it at all and your wife let you put it in the livingroom?  ???

bcalla

Quote from: muddyfox on December 09, 2014, 12:43:34 PM

So you can't actually play it at all and your wife let you put it in the livingroom?  ???

It's actually worse than that.  I sound like a 7 year old, badly playing the same part over and over.  She'll go directly to heaven because she's in purgatory now.   ;D

muddyfox

Those come with headphone output, I hope?

Otherwise I don't see you coming around all that often in the near future... typing kinda sucks with broken fingers... 8)