Started by aran.e666, November 26, 2014, 10:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aran.e666

Heres the bottom side

P.s the photos keep rotating, sorry about that

Aran
Guitar is love, guitar is life.

Stomptown

It's a bit hard to see whats going on with the wiring so I thought it would be easier to show you how it should be wired up.  A pdf is attached below if you want to print it off.

Jon

alanp

I'm not going to make myself popular with this opinion, but I think vero is bad for new people to learn on. It's too prone to error (solder jumping tracks, tracks not broken right, etc) compared to a quality designed fabbed PCB. I can't help but think that vero's popularity is a consequence of the old days, where it was either vero, perf, or try and etch (scary if you're new), all from magazine projects.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

aran.e666

Alanp, sorry but im quite experienced with vero and have made lots of pedals. Yesterday I got the pedal to work as a volume pedal?! And today it dosent work again. Thank you for the wiring il redo the switch

Stomptown

Quote from: alanp on December 06, 2014, 06:01:56 PM
I'm not going to make myself popular with this opinion, but I think vero is bad for new people to learn on. It's too prone to error (solder jumping tracks, tracks not broken right, etc) compared to a quality designed fabbed PCB. I can't help but think that vero's popularity is a consequence of the old days, where it was either vero, perf, or try and etch (scary if you're new), all from magazine projects.

I would tend to agree, but I only got into this about 4 years ago so PCBs were already widely available so I'm not personally attached to vero, etc.  I do like the challenge from time to time but there's always a bit of anxiety that goes along with it.  I would put etching into this category as well.  I threw quite a few of those into the box of fail in my first year.

alanp

Deeply sorry about that, early morning after too much last night, and I was going off your post count :-( :-(
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

aran.e666

Dont worry its ok I fully understand (I did sound big headed) like I say im not the best builder since im only 15 but I do build I just cant think why it wont work. Im currently plugging my guitar in to see if the new switch wiring works. Il get back to all of you in a min. Thanks

Aran

aran.e666

Okay, I got nothing, when I engage the effect I get loud popping noise and unengage I get nothing

Aran

Stomptown

Did you check the orientation of electorlytics?  Did you use MPSA 18 transistors?  IF not, did you verify the pinout and orient them accordingly?

aran.e666

Yes I checked all of them but It 'popped' when I rotated the pot and I got nothing when I bypass the effect. Thanks

Aran