News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny Diode Switching

Started by jcuempire, June 02, 2011, 10:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcuempire

Hello.  I was wondering about the diode switch idea mentioned in the build doc.  I get the concept but I was wondering how - physically- you accomplish that.  In other words, how do you wire up a switch to choose between two pairs of diodes?  Thanks in advance

night-B

jcuempire

Okay, thanks alot.  That makes it pretty clear.

cjkbug

small bear has a 4pdt toggle switch that I used as a diode switch on a triangle muff a long time ago. you can fit 2 sets of diode pairs on each side and switch everything at once.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

jcuempire

Quote from: cjkbug on June 02, 2011, 02:58:07 PM
small bear has a 4pdt toggle switch that I used as a diode switch on a triangle muff a long time ago. you can fit 2 sets of diode pairs on each side and switch everything at once.

Thanks.  That sounds like the ticket

bigmufffuzzwizz

The diodes are one of the few things I have yet to experiment with. Did it make a big difference in the sound of your muffs?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

cjkbug

on my build I used 1n914's and nos green leds. so I had the typical muff sound. and when I switched to the leds, It had quite a bit of boost and a more open smooth od fuzz, some where between a muff and a fuzz face. I was really pleased with it. I could get two totally different but usable tones in one pedal.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!