News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Strat Minus

Started by pickdropper, November 27, 2014, 07:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

This is actually the second guitar I've ever bought.  It's a Strat Plus for '93.  I've changed just about everything on it.  I just got this back after putting a new neck on it.

I've had tons of neck issues with this one.  I went through 2 Fender necks that moved a lot.  The third one appears to be stable, but I got a nice Warmoth neck in trade, so I decided to try that one.  The frets on this are huge (Dunlop 6100s) which is different than my other 3 strat style guitars, so it's kind of fun.  The Sperzel tuners had perloid buttons so I decided to change the pickguard to perloid as well.  Kind of digging the look so far.

So it's basically a Strat Plus minus the neck, tuners, pickguard, pickups, etc....

Basically, it's got the original body and bridge.  :-)
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

cooder

Looking very nice and classic! A plus all around! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

TGP39

Dave....this looks fantastic. Those frets really are HUGE!  You can play a whole solo within that first fret. Lol. Beautiful look....I wouldn't change a thing.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

GermanCdn

Nicely done.  Again.   

It's funny, but mid 90 MIAs seem to have more neck issues than usual.  My lead player at the time had a Eric Clapton sig (think it was a 95?  It was the Lace Sensor version).  That neck would need adjustment almost constantly, and he could never get it dialed in correctly.  I've got a 93 Standard with a finicky truss rod as well.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

pickdropper

Quote from: GermanCdn on November 27, 2014, 08:48:01 PM
Nicely done.  Again.   

It's funny, but mid 90 MIAs seem to have more neck issues than usual.  My lead player at the time had a Eric Clapton sig (think it was a 95?  It was the Lace Sensor version).  That neck would need adjustment almost constantly, and he could never get it dialed in correctly.  I've got a 93 Standard with a finicky truss rod as well.

Maybe their kiln was down for a decade or so.  :-)
Function f(x)

jubal81

Looks like a great workhorse guitar - perfect for the workshop!
Those big frets would give me hell since I tend to play with the monkey-paw death grip.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pickdropper

Quote from: jubal81 on November 27, 2014, 10:19:13 PM
Those big frets would give me hell since I tend to play with the monkey-paw death grip.

Yeah, that was my concern as well; I was worried that every note would be sharp.  So far, I'm getting along with it better than expected.

Function f(x)

blearyeyes

Beautiful Strat.  Really nice!

atreidesheir

Quote from: jubal81 on November 27, 2014, 10:19:13 PM
funny. I play with a caress on the strings.  i don't play it.  I seduce it.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman