News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Revisiting my Arch Nemisis THE COLOSALUS!---- FIXED!

Started by blearyeyes, December 02, 2014, 12:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blearyeyes

This is the first project to kick my butt and win!

What general issues create chirping, clicking and whining oscillations?

Also I am getting "scratchy noises" from the feedback trimmer while adjusting, can trimmers be bad?

Matt

Quote from: blearyeyes on December 02, 2014, 12:50:32 AM

What reason would I get chirping, clicking and whining while trying to set this thing up?

Dan Shattuck
I had a similar issue with mine. I had missed this in the document

UPDATE 05.03: Using 1N5817 for D4 & D5 and increasing C26 to 100uF eliminated clock noise when using a 9v supply on the production board. The noise seems to be only an issue on my prototype board.

Matt

blearyeyes

O.K. now I remember ...I'll give the diode swap and cap increase a whirl,  and this circuit likes to run above 9v. I was running it at 12v from my bench supply before. That's the difference.. I'll have to get the docs out and look through them again.

Thanks Matt!

Scruffie

Not this again!  ;)

The LT1054 makes the supply 18V from your 9V and then that's regulated by the.. well regulator.

Chirping etc sounds like heterodyning noise, beans fix may be the solution, running at 12V could help too, both should make the voltage steady if that's the issue causing the clocks to interact.

Scratchy trim would be DC on it, there's no blocking cap after the buffer so that sounds okay.
Works at Lectric-FX

blearyeyes

Thanks you guys!

All is well and fixed and happy at 9v to boot!

Should have used the updated material. It just sounds like its only the bread board prototype?

blearyeyes

Quote from: blearyeyes on December 02, 2014, 12:50:32 AM

What general issues create chirping, clicking and whining oscillations?

Also I am getting "scratchy noises" from the feedback trimmer while adjusting, can trimmers be bad?