News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harbinger one 1n914 alternative

Started by HailToTheBlues, November 28, 2014, 08:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailToTheBlues

Hi guys,
I'm working on a Harbinger One project, and i realised i was missing a 1n914 diode, because i followed the simplified list, where it is written the numbers of each single part that i need, and there's an error, it is listed just one 1n914, and it is needed two. So, since i will not use the 1n4001 that i ordered, since it is omited when it is used the 9v DC wall wart option, could it be an alternative to the 1n914 that it is missing? Or is it better to get a 1n914?

Best Regards

pickdropper

Do you have any 1n4148s?  Those will drop right in.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

HailToTheBlues

Quote from: pickdropper on November 28, 2014, 08:43:34 PM
Do you have any 1n4148s?  Those will drop right in.

Unfortunately i don't, since i build the pedals for me, i only order the parts i need for the specific projects. But i've just searched in a store's page that is closed to me, and they don't carry 1n914s but they have 1n4148s, so if this is the only alternative, i could it tomorrow maybe.

m-Kresol

Where are you from? I bet someone (me included) would send you some. If you're in central Europe, give me a shout
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

HailToTheBlues

Quote from: m-Kresol on November 28, 2014, 08:56:17 PM
Where are you from? I bet someone (me included) would send you some. If you're in central Europe, give me a shout

Well, i'm from Portugal, don't know if that's considered central europe, i think it is more like western europe.

m-Kresol

I think you're faster if you get it locally in your shop then. It will certainly take about a week from here...
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

HailToTheBlues

yes, i thought that as well, i'm going to try to get the 1n4148 in here, if i don't get lucky, i'll post here again. In the meantime, thanks for the replies!