News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Reverb Tails Weirdness

Started by diablochris6, October 28, 2014, 05:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

I designed a reverb PCB based off of the EQD Ghost Echo and modified it by adding a tails footswitch with a simple shunt. I built it, and it sounds great, but something funny is going on when I turn the effect off...the PT2399 is still adding delay to my signal! The Belton is not coming through though, just the delay chip. If I turn the delay controls all the way down, the effect will go away. This is almost like a semi-tails switch! I wired my footswitch (a DPDT) like so...
Pin1: left switch pad (connects to clean signal)   
Pin2: right switch pad (connects to reverb and delay)
Pin3: Vb (to prevent popping)
If anybody could take a look at the schematic/layout and tell me what I did wrong, I would appreciate it. If nobody has anything to say, I might leave it as an odd quirk to the pedal!

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

diablochris6

Bumping just to see if anybody has any thoughts. There shouldn't be any input going to the delay or reverb when the switch is disengaged, unless somehow the Vb is allowing signal through. Even if it was, I have no idea why the reverb wouldn't make any noise while the PT2399 is still creating an echo...

diablochris6

Silly me, I think the signal leading into the delay would be through the Dwell control. Would an easy fix be to create a shunt between C34 and R28 in conjunction with the pre-existing shunt on the other side of the circuit?