News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NOD! Because every day is a holiday.

Started by Luke51411, November 06, 2014, 12:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

Lowery symphonic holiday because why not? I picked this up at a thrift store for under $20. Got it home, plugged it in and it's working! Mostly. Some of the slide pots are busted and others are just missing knobs. It has an internal Leslie, the mechanical portion works but there is no sound coming out of it. I'll have to do some troubleshooting there. Overall it sounds pretty good!

Here is a metal can ca3080

This is the chorus section, are the 3 plastic circle things the BBDs? They have six legs and are socketed. Basically all the ICs are socketed.

Here is the Leslie removed for testing

Scruffie

I had a later version of this which had plastic DIPs (well, the circuit boards and Leslie, no idea what happened to the actual organ) yes the 3 x 6 Pin ICs are the BBDs probably just with a cover over the IC, should be TCA350... they're not so useful to us unless you want to make a specific project for them (185 stages so... guess you could hack them in to a board that uses the MN3006/9 but not much did) they're better off as the chorus circuit they already are.
Works at Lectric-FX

Luke51411

Yeah, not planning on hacking this one up for parts or anything but I'm hoping to get it fully working.

Govmnt_Lacky

Total flashback seeing that wire wrap in there.

Luke51411

I'm thinking about building a standalone cab for the rotating speaker. Has anyone here done that with this type of rotating speaker? The cheeswheel style as Mark Hammer informed me at diysb, a vibratone apparently not technically a leslie.
Also I found the service manual, not sure anyone will be interested in checking it out but I'll put the link here anyway, it will make it easier for me to find it in the future.
http://www.lowreyforum.com/manuals/TGS_SymphonicHoliday_Part2.pdf
http://www.lowreyforum.com/manuals/TGS_SymphonicHoliday_Part1.pdf