NPD: Cali76 compressor

Started by jubal81, August 13, 2014, 05:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jubal81

Yeah, I had that exact moment yesterday:
"Meh, what's the big deal? Maybe I should just flip this sucker." Then I turned it off for the first time in a long time and it was instant rededication.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

eldanko

Quote from: juansolo on September 10, 2014, 04:22:30 PM
NES and Famicon. Kudos sir!  8)

Not pictured: N64, Wii, PS3, and Atari 2600. I'm a gearhead in every sense of the word  ;D
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

lincolnic

Hey Jason, did you ever get around to comparing the schematic of this guy to the real 1176? I'm especially curious about how they handle the power, since the 1176 runs on a 30V rail.

jubal81

Quote from: lincolnic on September 11, 2014, 04:05:39 AM
Hey Jason, did you ever get around to comparing the schematic of this guy to the real 1176? I'm especially curious about how they handle the power, since the 1176 runs on a 30V rail.

I've been really busy with other projects and haven't looked inside again. I'm sure there's no charge pump, so it runs at 9V. I bought the 18V adapter they offer and I've been using that.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jtn191

Sweet pedal, I've been wondering how it deviates too!

eldanko

In case you guys haven't read it yet, the Ovni Labs review on this thing goes into the sonic (if not the technical) differences between the units rather thoroughly: http://www.ovnilab.com/reviews/cali76.shtml
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

jubal81

Recently discovered the Cali76 loves the high-impedance signal straight from the guitar. After all the work I put into the Ant Driver project, too ...

bah.

Not complaining too much, because I'm still in love with it.
- David Fair

selfdestroyer

Quote from: jubal81 on October 31, 2014, 02:39:21 AM
Recently discovered the Cali76 loves the high-impedance signal straight from the guitar. After all the work I put into the Ant Driver project, too ...

bah.

Not complaining too much, because I'm still in love with it.

I was hoping for the comment from you "I'm tired of this thing. Its coming off my board and I am going to trace this bitch!"

lol

Cody

m-Kresol

Dane, I love your console collection ^^
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

alanp

The mighty Amiga 500 was better ;) best games machine of it's time. (Did anyone EVER use it solely for productive purposes? Gods was an amazing game...)

More on topic, that's one complex compressor
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer

Quote from: eldanko on September 10, 2014, 04:24:07 PM
Quote from: juansolo on September 10, 2014, 04:22:30 PM
NES and Famicon. Kudos sir!  8)

Not pictured: N64, Wii, PS3, and Atari 2600. I'm a gearhead in every sense of the word  ;D

I am a console whore also.. I have slowed down considerably over the last year with the collection but its still all there. I play my Candy Cabinet more then anything since its easy to just sit down and play.

Cabinet

I am always up for trading for gaming stuff if you are looking for something.

Cody