News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Double Flush gremlins

Started by duantro, October 04, 2014, 06:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duantro

Hi, I built a Double Flush that works great and the the tremolo has stopped. The led flashes according to the speed and the output amp works, just no tremolo. I slept on it and checked it today and it worked fine. I checked for loose solder joints, wires, or shorts, and couldn't see anything. Went to box it up and it stopped again! I'd assume that the balance or intensity pots would be in the vicinity. Looking at the schematics, can someone suggest a checking point?

madbean

Does it stop when you set the Pulse too high or too low, perhaps?
It doesn't hurt to remelt the solder joints as a first step, even if they appear okay at a glance.

mgwhit

If the LED is pulsing correctly, but the tremolo isn't working, then, yeah, something's probably up between the LED-side of R12 and lug 3 of the Balance pot.  Most likely a bad joint; less likely a short to ground.  I'd test continuity along every point-to-point connection in that area from the component side of the board, and then test every point in that area that shouldn't have continuity to ground for continuity to ground.  And, yes, reflow every joint in that area -- start with anything that looks dodgy and then get everything else if necessary.

Is this a fabbed or etched board?

duantro

Thanks for the replies. I'll try looking in these areas tomorrow. This is a production pcb. I've got a few projects from someone getting out of DIY zone.
Edit: the led flashes correctly in response of the pulse pot, just non tremelo sound, but with output gain and boost level active.

duantro

Found a wire that had a bad connection on intensity via's on pcb. fixed! Thanks for the help!

mgwhit

Glad you found the problem.  Have fun!

duantro

Well crap I lost effect again. I'll take it home and poke around again. I did seem to notice the depth didn't seem as deep as it possibly should be?

duantro

I replaced the VTL5C1 and it seems to be in working order now.