News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Low Rider trimpot orientation

Started by uber, October 19, 2014, 10:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uber

I have looked at a bunch of pictures of completed projects and it seems as though the trimpot I have would be backwards if I soldered it on the top of the board as it is marked... Are there trimpots that are have the three leases oriented backwards?

In case I am not being clear, the numbers on the PCB do not match those on the face of component (they are reversed).

Did I get a part that is just configured differently or am I missing something? 

Thanks in advance for the help!

RobA

Quote from: uber on October 19, 2014, 10:56:18 PM
I have looked at a bunch of pictures of completed projects and it seems as though the trimpot I have would be backwards if I soldered it on the top of the board as it is marked... Are there trimpots that are have the three leases oriented backwards?

In case I am not being clear, the numbers on the PCB do not match those on the face of component (they are reversed).

Did I get a part that is just configured differently or am I missing something? 

Thanks in advance for the help!

As long as the 2 pin (the wiper) is in the middle, the 1 and the 3 won't matter. The trim pots are linear, so there won't be anything with the taper involved. The worst case is that it is backwards and you have to turn it the opposite way to what seems natural, but that won't really matter either since you pretty much just twist it until you like it.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

uber