News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fuzz Righteous - Gold Edition

Started by culturejam, September 15, 2014, 03:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Got the first official "production" build of the Fuzz Righteous finished today. The circuit is a silicon Fuzz Rite with an internal DIP switch to change the input and output cap values. Dave, Brian, and I all think the vintage values  make the circuit mostly unusable for a "general" fuzz (way too thin and trebly), but we didn't want to deprive the end users of the ability to kick it old-school. So now they gots options. I found some really slick looking CTS DIP switches at Mouser that are just right for this project (P/N: 774-2102MS).

This was a team engineering effort. I pitched the initial idea, and Dave and I tried all kinds of values and made the tweaks. Dave did the artwork and drill plan. Brian suggested the DIP switch idea to keep as much of the artwork visible as possible. Dave designed the main PCB. Brian designed a nifty little 3PDT board to keep the wiring neat and easy (and it also has a trimmer for the LED brightness). And I'm the soldermonkey building and shipping them.  ;D

Big thanks to Dave for inspiring me to keep things neat on the inside. I knew he'd be looking at my work, so I went paranoid and really Dave'd it up as best I could. This build is the neatest one I've ever done on the inside, and the overall build is the most professional looking output I've ever done. So thanks, Dave!

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

lincolnic

That is some enviable wiring, sir. I feel like it's so neat in there that you could throw a Peep in every build!

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GrindCustoms

Wow! That is some Hi-Res output bro! 8)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Leevibe

culturejam

Bumping for new pics.

Also, I've built four more now.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

televisiondown

"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement