News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Schematic question

Started by fixxe, October 03, 2014, 07:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fixxe

Sorry, dumb question here...how is the upper right part connected to the rest of the schematic? Is it simply connected to terminals 5 and 8 of the IC?

davent

The ground is connected to the ground of the other part of the schematic. There are two seperate V outs, V+ which will be the full voltage provided by the power source and Vr which will be half the V+ voltage, the two equal resistors divide the voltage in half.

You just connect those two points to all the other points/nodes in the schematic that share the same designation. A quick look says V+ goes to pin8 of the IC and Vr connects to, i count 5 points in the rest of the schematic.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

mgwhit

The upper right of the schematic is the power section and there are two points there, V+ and Vr, that connect back to the signal portion of the circuit.  V+ is approximately 9V and is applied to pin 8 of the IC.  Vr is a 4.5V "reference voltage" (sometimes called a "reference ground") that is  created by the two 47K resistor voltage divider. Vr is applied at several points in the circuit (look along the bottom), but specifically for the op amps to use as a center DC reference so that the AC signal can swing between 9V and 0V.

mgwhit

That schematic doesn't show it, but pin 4 of the needs to connect to ground.

rullywowr

That schematic is a bit tough to read...I would suggest looking at other schematics of the same circuit to verify the connections and the pinouts.

Why do I say that?

-There are no connection dots where wires should connect to each other.  This is especially confusing at the junction between R1 and C3.  They should be connected there with a dot

-The pot orientation (pins 1/2/3) are not labeled ...this is just pure lazy-ness and you have a 50/50 shot of getting it correct unless you have some experience here

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

fixxe

Thanks guys!  :)
I got it done up to the tonesection. Maybe someone could take a look if I did it right? At "M" there is my input, lower rail is ground and upper rail is 9v.

fixxe

Quote from: rullywowr on October 03, 2014, 08:48:22 PM
That schematic is a bit tough to read...I would suggest looking at other schematics of the same circuit to verify the connections and the pinouts.

Why do I say that?

-There are no connection dots where wires should connect to each other.  This is especially confusing at the junction between R1 and C3.  They should be connected there with a dot

-The pot orientation (pins 1/2/3) are not labeled ...this is just pure lazy-ness and you have a 50/50 shot of getting it correct unless you have some experience here

Yes I did use two schematics, but I didn't want to post two schematics so things don't get too messy.
Here's the BYOC schematic which values I used.

irmcdermott

Brain also has the 8ball project now which is based on the Bluesbreaker