News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NAD: SF Vibrolux Reverb

Started by dan.schumaker, September 19, 2014, 12:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

Browsing Craigslist yesterday, came across this beauty.  ~76 Vibrolux Reverb, new GT Tubes and newer Jensen C10Q speakers.  Also according to the seller, the previous owner also converted it to blackface specs.  This thing rips.  It has that perfect Fender clean sound and amazing reverb (makes me wonder if I need that moodring that I just finished). 

Oh, and it was only $400 :)

mgwhit

Wow!  That is a deal.  Go nuts with that thing.  I'm ridiculously jealous.

pickdropper

I love Vibrolux Reverbs.  It might be my favorite amp that I own.

Great deal, too.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Muadzin

While I will always treasure my Fender Twin Reverb and plan to be buried in it, its just not a good amp for on the road. Not unless you have your own crew of roadies. An excellent second however is my Vibrolux, which has brilliant tone of its own and the added benefit of not breaking your back. It seems to be a bit of a sleeper amp though, as its always the Fender Twins, Bassmans, Princetons and Deluxes that get the attention.

claytushaywood

so that's a 76 for sure?  did the vibrolux make it past the early 70's without getting the master volume and ultra linear transformers?

raulduke

dan.schumaker

Quote from: claytushaywood on October 02, 2014, 05:32:29 AM
so that's a 76 for sure?  did the vibrolux make it past the early 70's without getting the master volume and ultra linear transformers?

As far as I can tell from transformer codes it is.  It has the pull for volume boost (mid 70's), no ultralinear transformer and a logo without a tail ('75-'80)

LaceSensor

mjcyates

Serious amp envy here. Nice score.