News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Victory is mine!!! Tiny ass picture added!!!

Started by jimilee, September 10, 2014, 07:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Excellent, good to hear you got it going Jimi!

This new layout will be much easier to work with.  Seriously I've only added a few mm around all the components but as you can see in the preview, there is loads more space to get your soldering iron in and around the pads: 

Thanks for the feedback again jimi.  Like I said in the other thread, without you guys giving me this constructive criticism I would be in the dark.
Still waiting on the proto boards at this point.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

GermanCdn

I was expecting pictures of either a very small donkey or Miley Cyrus' butt.  Don't know what that means.......

Nice job Jimi, glad you conquered it.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

wgc

Paul looks great!  one thing I might offer is that a little more space between the pads per passive would be helpful too.  Easy to make a short when they're close.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

chromesphere

Good one Billy! These are the standard pad sizing for 0805 in diptrace, I'll add it to a future update and investigate, cheers!
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

chuckbuick

Way to stick with it, Jimi.  Now go kick that No Mojo's ass!

jimilee

Quote from: chuckbuick on September 11, 2014, 01:40:44 PM
Whoa whoa whoa, slow down there cowboy, no need to rush it!! I'm kidding, im looking for a smaller (thinner tipped) iron now.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thomas_H

DIY-PCBs and projects:

blearyeyes

Stick it in a guitar.. That thing make your fingers look gigantic..

jimilee

Sweet ass!!! That would be awesome. Stick it on a toggle.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

wgc

Quote from: chromesphere on September 11, 2014, 02:27:52 AM
Good one Billy! These are the standard pad sizing for 0805 in diptrace, I'll add it to a future update and investigate, cheers!

Cool, I'm still playing with my "standard" pads on the latest. I basically took the stock pads (intended for screened paste I think) and pushed them outwards a bit so it's easier to get an iron on it with the part there.  Love diptrace!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Leevibe

chuckbuick

Quote from: jimilee on September 11, 2014, 01:48:10 PM

Quote from: chuckbuick on September 11, 2014, 01:40:44 PM
Whoa whoa whoa, slow down there cowboy, no need to rush it!! I'm kidding, im looking for a smaller (thinner tipped) iron now.
Something that will help as much or more than a narrow tip is thinner solder.  I use .015" for SMD.  It gives you way more control of the amount of solder you use.

GrindCustoms

Congrats Jimi, you've showed lots of perseverance in the process of putting this together. 8)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/