News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2 Effects, One Enclosure

Started by Guybrush, September 07, 2014, 06:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush

Hey all

I'm looking to put a distortion and boost into one enclosure but I'm not sure how to connect them together.

I found this diagram http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_two_in_one_wiring.pdf but it shows 4 ground pads on each PCB. Most PCB's I am aware of don't have this many ground connections.

Could anyone offer any advice or point me in the direction of another diagram? All greatly appreciated!

Thanks

muddyfox

If you have a fixed order of effects, I do it this way

If you need to switch the order, I add this little thing (sans led, for the 3pdt)

If you want one master switch for both and one for "adding" an effect to a "main" effect, you can do this

lincolnic

Uh...wouldn't those vero boards short 9V to ground, and input to output? Am I missing something here? Or are those little vero guys just stand-ins for any PCBs?

Guybrush, you can wire both effects up like normal, but instead of running the output wire from the first 3PDT to the output jack, wire it to the input of the second 3PDT (as the 3PDTs in muddyfox's first diagram are).

muddyfox

Yep, the little veros are just a representation of any pcb (vero included  ;D ). Find the corresponding i/o/9/g pads on your board and connect as shown.

To clarify further, if you're using any sort of 3pdt boards, you can bridge your 9/g connections there instead the actual effects' boards.

Guybrush