News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zero Point Mini "Ring" and "Mod" switches aren't working

Started by UHaveMySthapler, August 24, 2014, 07:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHaveMySthapler

I have them wired up but I can't hear a difference when I flick the switches back and forth. I'm guessing I've either wired them incorrectly somehow...? I'm not sure. My friend was over and playing with it, and he can't hear a difference either. The Tone, Depth, and Rate knobs don't seem to do anything either, no matter where the switches are positioned. Otherwise, the pedal works fine with the Mix, Feedback, and Time knobs.

Here's a link to the short album I made of the guts. Sorry for the blurry-ness:

https://imgur.com/a/N1l0n

Ubertech_s

Hi

I just fired up my zero point mini (completed today) - both switches work. I soldered lug 1 and 2 to the board, and it really shouldnt matter which way round - but you could look at the scheme

The Mod switch modulates the delay time by the sounds of it, giving a soft warble to a fast vibrato , but the depth needs to be up to hear it, and it is not quite in your face when full on, but not subtle either.

The ring switch is most effective  with high feedback and tone wound to treble side. Switch One way it starts to self oscillate, switch the other and it is undercontrol - not sure which is ring 'on', but I would guess the oscilate side. At more controlled levels the switch also adds/takes away a rich middle that is very pleasant and fat

Love this pedal - and it fired up first go for me.
Yellowshark... Zero Point Mini...Autobahn...getting better all the time