News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mercy Overdriver

Started by Stomptown, September 04, 2014, 06:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

I haven't had much time to build lately but I was able to finish this one off over the holiday. It's a really nice overdrive designed by Lee (leevibe). Thanks again for the PCB Lee!  While this pales in comparison to his evil genius I am still happy to build my own! I've always preferred boost pedals to overdrives but this really nice. I used a TLC2272 in place of the recommended TL072 and I'm happy with the choice. It sound clean and loud just the way I like it!  8)

teknoman2

I ve seen your work for the first time on analog delay mn3005, don't remember which one.
As always its great, clean and neat job.
Keep up mate.

Cheers,
Panos.

stevie1556

Love the finish on that! Is there much difference between the TL072 and the TLC2272?

selfdestroyer

Love the artwork and font choice. Looks fantastic. The etch looks fantastic. What enclosure size is that? I don't think I have ever seen one before like that.

Cody

Cortexturizer

love it when people can make long stranded wire look classy, great work all around
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

wgc

Sweet build, love the graphics!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Leevibe

I really love your choice of graphics and this is another cool unconventional knob layout. As expected, a beautiful etch. The wiring looks gorgeous, especially the detail on the stomp switch! Glad you're liking the circuit. I'm honored, Jon.

micromegas

that's really neat! your etching is a signature by now :) and I agree completly with Leevibe, the unconventional layout is cool, I like it here and I loved it in your Cardinal tremolo
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

hylandren

A lot ot like here...Nice etch, clean build, and interesting unique knob layout.
Like Selfdestroyer, I too am interested in knowing what enclosure that is....

lincolnic

Stomptown

Thanks everyone!

Quote from: selfdestroyer on September 04, 2014, 08:40:42 AM
Love the artwork and font choice. Looks fantastic. The etch looks fantastic. What enclosure size is that? I don't think I have ever seen one before like that.

Cody

Quote from: hylandren on September 04, 2014, 01:43:03 PM
A lot ot like here...Nice etch, clean build, and interesting unique knob layout.
Like Selfdestroyer, I too am interested in knowing what enclosure that is....

It is a 1590Y and they sell them at Mouser, etc.  Here is a link:

http://www.hammondmfg.com/pdf/1590Y.pdf

slimtriggers

Quote from: lincolnic on September 04, 2014, 03:08:28 PM
Love that big swoopy wiring.

+1  It's neat and clean, but still "organic" looking.

ggarms

This is killer. I love the contrast in the etch. Do you get the black by not sanding off that particular portion after taking it out of the bath? Again, great work!

Stomptown

Quote from: ggarms on September 05, 2014, 06:57:07 PM
This is killer. I love the contrast in the etch. Do you get the black by not sanding off that particular portion after taking it out of the bath? Again, great work!

Basically. All I do after the bath is tape over the edges up to the border of the artwork and sand with top with an 80 to 100 grit sand paper for a very short duration at an angle to give the appearance of a brushed finish. I ran out of blue tape on this one so I wasn't able to protect the edges, which is why some of the black residue is gone on the boarder...