News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kingslayer ll clarification needed

Started by blearyeyes, August 31, 2014, 03:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blearyeyes

In the shopping list one of the 1uF caps is a Tant. But there is no indication as to where that might go.. Looks like four box caps and an Electro in C10?

Thanks...

TGP39

Hey Bleary. I don't see any electrolytic 1uf cap on the materials list so the 1uf polar cap must be tantalum. C10. Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

muddyfox

That's right, the one in the corner. I wasn't paying a whole lotta attention to the cap description and based solely on the silkscreen I soldered in an electrolytic. Soldered everything else and was left with a tant on my bench. It took a good five minutes till I figured out what the heck happened there!  ::) ;D ;D

blearyeyes

Yea I got there too. The Electro I have in C10 isn't on the list. Thank you guys for verifying what I suspected.

blearyeyes

muddyfox

I bought two preparing for that build so I do have one left.
I didn't prepare very well and missed a cap  ::) (Mike's got that covered and the cap is in the mail) so my build isn't verified working yet.

If it doesn't fire up, I'm just gonna hope it's not the tant that's fried. In other words, you can have the cap.  ;) Just PM me your address and I'll post it out tomorrow morning on my way to work.

blearyeyes

Tantalum pentoxide

Wet tantalum electrolytic capacitors (wet slug)[43] Lowest leakage among electrolytics. Voltage up to 630 V (tantalum film) or 125 V (tantalum sinter body). Hermetically sealed. Stable and reliable. Military and space applications.   

Polarized. Violent explosion when voltage, ripple current or slew rates are exceeded, or under reverse voltage. Expensive.