News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sparklehorn Build

Started by ratobasher, January 28, 2015, 02:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratobasher

I've recently built two Sparklehorn projects. I used all 9mm metal pots. Wired it to use only one stomp switch. When a power supply, cable from guitar to pedal and pedal to amp are all connected, and pedal is in bypass mode, it makes a loud ground buzz sound. When I switch it effect mode I hear the delay and distortion and the buzz is grinding.  Has anyone had issues building this project.

ratobasher

Quote from: ratobasher on January 28, 2015, 02:55:36 AM
I've recently built two Sparklehorn projects. I used all 9mm metal pots. Wired it to use only one stomp switch. When a power supply, cable from guitar to pedal and pedal to amp are all connected, and pedal is in bypass mode, it makes a loud ground buzz sound. When I switch it effect mode I hear the delay and distortion and the buzz is grinding.  Has anyone had issues building this project.
Has anyone built the sparklehorn and had issues? Are there any possible bugs with this board? Is this the wrong place to ask? Is there another Sparklehorn thread?

rullywowr

Welcome to the forum.

The best place to get help is in the "Tech Help" thread.  I am confident a mod will move this thread there soon.

Some detailed pictures of your build would be helpful as well as voltages on the IC's/Transistors.  Did you "rock it before you boxed it?"  (made sure it works on a test rig before putting it in an enclosure?

-Ben

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

ratobasher

Quote from: rullywowr on February 02, 2015, 06:46:01 PM
Welcome to the forum.

The best place to get help is in the "Tech Help" thread.  I am confident a mod will move this thread there soon.

Some detailed pictures of your build would be helpful as well as voltages on the IC's/Transistors.  Did you "rock it before you boxed it?"  (made sure it works on a test rig before putting it in an enclosure?

-Ben

Thanks for the advise. I did rock it before I boxed it. Still trouble shooting all the other points.

madbean

Is everything grounded properly? Are your jacks metal frame or plastic insulated. If the latter, you will need to ground the sleeves of both.

Barring that, a pic of your build will help.

ratobasher

Quote from: madbean on February 03, 2015, 08:03:59 AM
Is everything grounded properly? Are your jacks metal frame or plastic insulated. If the latter, you will need to ground the sleeves of both.

Barring that, a pic of your build will help.
Odd thing is when i run a jumper from the cathode of D7 to the ground lug of the output jack, which is metal, i get the effect to to work.