News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MXR Blue Box mod?

Started by J. Ignacio, August 20, 2014, 01:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. Ignacio

Hi guys, this time i come with another question. I have a MXR Blue Box and i want, if it's possible, add a toggle spst to cut the octave and use only fuzz. Yes, you will tell why you have a octave-fuzz pedal if you don't want octave. Well, i don't know, it's funny

Can you help me?I think if cut a pin of CD4013 the octave will dissapear

Thanks

ggarms

I was going to do this for a friend before he decided against it. From what I found on the interwebz, removing c11 does the trick. You could make it switchable if you wanted. Mind you, this was found in a google search, so as always, proceed with caution.

J. Ignacio

Quote from: ggarms on August 20, 2014, 02:31:59 AM
I was going to do this for a friend before he decided against it. From what I found on the interwebz, removing c11 does the trick. You could make it switchable if you wanted. Mind you, this was found in a google search, so as always, proceed with caution.

Thanks for answer. Yes, i saw this mod in web but i think that this mod is to increase "bass" on pedal but not to cut the octave or i understand very bad  :-[

Edit: i ask permition to post this link. Here is the mod. This guy change the value cap to 0,0022uf instead 0,01uf original value

Betty Wont

I thought turning the blend knob took out the octave. It blends between pure fuzz on one end to pure octave on the other.

lincolnic

Quote from: Torgoslayer on August 20, 2014, 01:39:53 PM
I thought turning the blend knob took out the octave. It blends between pure fuzz on one end to pure octave on the other.

That's exactly how it works. If you don't want the octave, just leave the blend knob all the way on the fuzz side. No need to mod anything.