News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Correct wiring configuration adding 3PDT board?

Started by uber, August 19, 2014, 05:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uber

I ordered several of the new PCB 3PDT boards from Guitar PCB and intended to use them with several Madbean projects that I am working on.  I have poking around and it seems to me that once the board is populated and I test it out, I would then use the wiring diagram provided by Guitar PCB (rather than the Std. wiring diagram provided by Madbean)  Can someone confirm that this is correct?

Also, is there any advantage to connecting the LED to the 3PDT board rather than the Madbean PCB? I ordered the 3PDT boards mainly for aesthetics and to assist my yet-to-be honed wiring organizational skills.

Thanks in advance!

muddyfox

Is it this one?
http://www.guitarpcb.com/PDF%20Files/3PDT%20CA%20WIRING%20BOARD%20v4.pdf

Nevermind, really. If you use a 3pdt board, use the wiring instructions that come with it (although they are mostly all the same). There's always a board in/out and pedal in/out and one dc connection (or more, as on 1776 boards). Sometimes there's led/clr pads and sometimes even a clr trimmer (as on Rullywow boards). I normally use led/clr provided on 3pdt board as it's closer to the footswitch and can be used to completely do away with the wires for the led with some planned drilling to match the 3pdt board led layout.

uber

Yes, that is the board that I have and the wiring diagram that corresponds to it, so I will follow those wiring instructions.  Thanks for the info and confirming so I can get soldering!