CD player X mp3 player, different output sound

Started by Gledison, August 14, 2014, 05:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

Quote from: RobA on August 15, 2014, 06:32:11 PM
Quote from: Gledison on August 15, 2014, 06:17:54 PM
Great idea guys! The only thing is how to get relatively cheap Apple plugs? :(

Thanks
Which devices do you have and what connectors are on them?

Does the audio have to be HiFi or do you just want it good enough to practice with?
No need for hifi , just good enough!:)
The connection is a connector from the 3,5mm to RCA!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

RobA

Quote from: Gledison on August 15, 2014, 06:43:35 PM

Quote from: RobA on August 15, 2014, 06:32:11 PM
Quote from: Gledison on August 15, 2014, 06:17:54 PM
Great idea guys! The only thing is how to get relatively cheap Apple plugs? :(

Thanks
Which devices do you have and what connectors are on them?

Does the audio have to be HiFi or do you just want it good enough to practice with?
No need for hifi , just good enough!:)
The connection is a connector from the 3,5mm to RCA!

I meant which connectors do you have available on the iDevice. Does it have the 30-pin or the new Lightning? If it has the 30 pin, then you could DIY a connector like in the link given above for not very much money. Just find an old 30 pin cable that has all the connections made for the audio in it and then break out the stereo out jacks to some RCA connectors. I've done that and the results are fine. If you have a Lightening connector, then that's not possible.

For the not audiophile approach, Belkin makes a cable that's meant for 3.5mm jacks on phones out to RCA connectors. Apple sells them on their website and they should work OK. I imagine that you can find cheap knockoffs that'll work just as well on ebay. I have a set of Monstercable 3.5mm to RCA things that I think came with the old Airport express (I certainly didn't buy them on purpose ;) ). For a quick, cheap connection form an iPad to my stereo, they work fine. The headphone out jack on the iPad is meant to drive headphones, but the inputs on my stereo can certainly handle it fine without having to make anything to match the impedance or get a higher drive. I don't turn the iPad volume up all the way. I actually turn it down below half and it works fine. It is far from perfect, but it is workable and should do fine for what you need.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).