News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirtbag Deluxe, single dark repeat

Started by muzzy92, August 16, 2014, 12:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muzzy92

Hey folks, I'm new to the forum but I've been using the Madbean site for a while now and I absolutely love the PCB's. I had a board for the Dirtbag Deluxe and decided to build it using 2 mn3205 chips.

Now for my problem: I finished the build and started biassing the chips. Now this is my first analog delay pedal and I'm not really sure what I should be hearing on pin3, should it be a 'delay' signal' (literally repeated chunks of signal) or just the clean signal? Because at the moment I'm simply getting clean signal that I can control using the delay pot, if I turn up the modulation, this signal will also get modulated. The bias trimmers do make this signal either distorted or clean, so I guess that part is working.

So now I'm thinking there's a problem with the clock signal because I can't get the 'chunky' delay. This also means I only have 1 repeat, which is also very dark. The signal coming from the bbd's is very clear, but when it goes to IC3 (the filter I guess) it starts going really dark and looses some volume as well. But first I'd like to try to fix the repeat-issue.

I used the parts for the latest mod version (second version 12.20)

If anyone has any idea where the problem could be, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!

edit: oh I forgot to mention, it actually does self-oscillate when I turn the feedback up to 80%, I thought it might be wise to mention this.

edit2: I managed to fix the clock, it was  a wrong value cap. Now I get repeats! The repeats are still a bit too dark for my taste, and I get the feeling the gate is acting up a bit. I'm going to search the forum for some more advice, thanks for reading though.