News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help with 3pdt positive ground

Started by J. Ignacio, August 14, 2014, 04:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. Ignacio

Hi guys! I want to do a fuzz face with GE transistors. My problem is the 3pdt wiring with the positive ground and LED....i think i will do the tonepad proyect or centralfuzz.

Thanks!

RobA

I'm not sure I understand what your question is. The 3PDT switch doesn't present a problem. If you have the pedal wired so that the power rail is negative relative to the ground, you just need to flip the orientation of the LED in the standard wiring for the 3PDT with LED. The only thing the LED cares about is being oriented so that the flat side is more negative than the long lead side.

The usual issue with a negative power rail effect like the Fuzz Face or Rangemaster is the power supply. If you don't have an isolated supply, and you don't want to run it from a battery, then you need to do something like the RoadRage to generate a negative supply rail to power the effect with.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

J. Ignacio

Thanks for answer. I will use battery with this pedal.

So, if i wire the pedal like this it's ok?

Sorry for my english.

RobA

I think that looks OK. At least, following the ground wire through the switch to the LED looks like it's in the right orientation with the battery and the switch will connect the LED the right way when the effect is engaged.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).