News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help choosing two speakers

Started by HailToTheBlues, August 10, 2014, 11:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailToTheBlues

So, any of you guys had experience with ay of the speakers i wrote earlier?

Leevibe

Quote from: HailToTheBlues on August 10, 2014, 10:21:28 PM
So, any of you guys had experience with ay of the speakers i wrote earlier?

People will probably jump in with opinions but we want to know more stuff about you first. Do you tend toward a particular playing style? What guitar/amp? Will the cab be sealed or open back? (Sorry if you already answered that one) can you describe the sound you're after?

HailToTheBlues

I described it in the first post, but i don't mind describing it again. It is intended for a weber jtm45, and i want to use it as open backed. I'm looking for a very punchy and clear sound, hendrix vibed, like in Catfish blues for instance.

Leevibe

Quote from: HailToTheBlues on August 10, 2014, 11:45:22 PM
I described it in the first post, but i don't mind describing it again. It is intended for a weber jtm45, and i want to use it as open backed. I'm looking for a very punchy and clear sound, hendrix vibed, like in Catfish blues for instance.

Oops. Sorry Rafa! I got so lost in your thread, I forgot where it started. :)

I would lean heavily toward the G12H30. I put one in a Marshall 18w clone and it is an incredible sounding combination. That is an open back setup. To my ear, the G12H30 is similar to the 25w G12M, but more open and alive sounding. I would love to get one myself because they rock! I don't have any experience with the clones.

HailToTheBlues

Thanks for the opinion, the thing about the clones is that if they had a similar sound, i could get 2 "g12h-30" for half of the price of true celestions. Some even say that some clones sound better than the celestions they try to imitate because they are made in the uk or in the us, and celestions are being made in china.

Leevibe

Quote from: HailToTheBlues on August 11, 2014, 12:31:15 AM
Thanks for the opinion, the thing about the clones is that if they had a similar sound, i could get 2 "g12h-30" for half of the price of true celestions. Some even say that some clones sound better than the celestions they try to imitate because they are made in the uk or in the us, and celestions are being made in china.

I don't doubt that. I've heard that the Jensen clones that Weber puts out are far superior to any current production Jensens. I plan to put one in a 112 cab I want to build for my 5E3.