News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

route 66 compressor ?

Started by neve1272, February 07, 2014, 11:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neve1272

i had my friends route 66 in to fix a broken foot switch(its a overdrive/compressor dual pedal)

and i gotta say that the compressor is really cool can anybody tell me about what it is or similar?
the only compressor i own is the black finger EHX and it sounds nothing like this

Kip

jkokura

I think that's one RG designed. I'd bet you'd get some info from him at DIY Stompboxes.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

neve1272

Kip

electrosonic

electrosonic

Googled some gut shots here

http://s940.photobucket.com/user/alexi_400/media/Visual%20Sound%20Route%2066%20Guts/P100711_131314.jpg.html?sort=3&o=7

See a lm13700, I assume it is a updated Ross compressor using an lm13700 instead of a ca3080.

I have built Merlin's Engineers Thumb which is based on the LM13700 and it is great.

Andrew

jubal81

Engineer's Thumb has all the tones of a Ross with about 15% of the noise. Recommended.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

neve1272

i did searches on the other sites the consensuses was a ross comp and ts808
keely said that  tone stack  was  BMP style

i am sorry to ask these questions but i really prefer to try to stay away from the more caustic forums 
ty for the feedback guys
Kip

andregarcia57

anyone have a PCB that would Dynacomp and tube screamer on the same PCB?
would be almost the same design ....

jimilee

This sounds like a job for vero!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.