News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

mangler pots help

Started by roark, August 08, 2014, 01:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roark

First time builder ... trying to get my parts list together on mouser. Cant find the pots 1kC and 500kA. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks! -Roark

slimtriggers

1kC

500kA

:)

oops.  Missed that you said Mouser.  I'll get links if somebody doesn't beat me to it.

500kA

Coming up empty on the 1Kc at Mouser, though. 

roark

Thank you very much! Is there a quick explanation of what the meaning is of the "a" is vs. the "c"? Really appreciate the quick help! :-)

RobA

A is audio or log
B is linear
C is reverse log

As you can see by the links posted above, Mouser doesn't have the best prices on pots. If you are planning to build many pedals, it can easily pay off to get the pots at other sellers. Mouser is good for many of the parts, but pots aren't one of them even though they are the distributor for Alpha in the US.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

slimtriggers

RobA beat me to it.

Here's a more thorough discussion about pots if you're really interested ;)

http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/potsecrets/potscret.htm

roark

Thank you both! Will take a look. My 13 yr old and I have started this together - we have lots to learn. I think he's getting a kick out seeing me be totally clueless about this. Good lessons in perseverance ... and we haven't even gotten to testing a build yet  ... :-}