News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Spaghetti Western Tremolo

Started by pryde, July 31, 2014, 12:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Hi Gang

Here is my first Diptrace pcb project, BIG thanks to Ben (rullywowr) for guiding me through the process. The pcbs work perfectly. It is basically the EA Tremolo with jumped R6 to turn the depth control completely off to use the great pre-amp of this circuit. I wired it for a dual-purpose LED for bypass and rate indicator.

Not the most inspired design but just sticking on an simple, etched copper plate is easy-peasy and I am way to busy to do more fancy graphics so there  ;)

Anyway it' still the best sine-wave trem out there IMO, really does the trick for me. Not sure if anyone is interested but I will gladly share the OSHpark file if you want it. Nice 1590b project.

TGP39

Hey JP. That looks fantastic. Congrats on your first dip trace pcb design. I can only dream of designing my own pcb right now, but I'll get there.  ;D  I would love to build this myself. Just push me in the right direction and I'll promise to post a build report. Again, great build and great design.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

wgc

Nice layout!

Dig the faceplate too
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

cooder

The good stuff! Meet ya at hi noon....  8)
BigNoise Amplification

pryde

Quote from: TGP39 on July 31, 2014, 01:59:30 AM
Hey JP. That looks fantastic. Congrats on your first dip trace pcb design. I can only dream of designing my own pcb right now, but I'll get there.  ;D  I would love to build this myself. Just push me in the right direction and I'll promise to post a build report. Again, great build and great design.

You bet, Here is the link to my profile. You can order it up there. OSHpark is 3 minimum though so build a couple extras for friends and share the love  :D. Let me know if you order some and I can PM you the build list.

https://oshpark.com/profiles/pryde

hoodoo

Nice mate, and thanks for the share  :)

Leevibe

The grunge if the faceplate totally suits the theme. Great looking layout too! Congrats. I'd love to try Diptrace but I'm on a Mac. Beautiful pedal and I love the EA sound.

PhiloB

Looks great on the outside BUT....
If you're going to call it Spaghetti Western the inside wiring should look like spaghetti!!! Yours is way too neat ;)

I hope to get my head around Eagle or Diptrace.  I bet it's rewarding.

pryde

Quote from: PhiloB on July 31, 2014, 09:57:54 PM
Looks great on the outside BUT....
If you're going to call it Spaghetti Western the inside wiring should look like spaghetti!!! Yours is way too neat ;)

I hope to get my head around Eagle or Diptrace.  I bet it's rewarding.

Ha thanks. I tell you I try hard to do neat wiring but I just don't get how some of the great builders here do their amazing wiring. It's like they are friggin robots  :o

TGP39

Quote from: pryde on July 31, 2014, 03:19:57 AM

You bet, Here is the link to my profile. You can order it up there. OSHpark is 3 minimum though so build a couple extras for friends and share the love  :D. Let me know if you order some and I can PM you the build list.

Hey JP, just ordered three of these boards. Looking forward to building your first dip trace design. Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

pryde

Quote from: TGP39 on August 02, 2014, 09:54:51 PM
Quote from: pryde on July 31, 2014, 03:19:57 AM

Hey JP, just ordered three of these boards. Looking forward to building your first dip trace design. Steve.

Awesome bro. Sent you a PM with the build list. Enjoy