Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Recommend me a Tremolo build

Started by Guybrush, July 17, 2014, 05:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

I will be starting my Cardinal soon!

Muadzin

+1 for the Shoot the Moon as an all round working man's trem. Nothing wrong with the EA trem but it can't do square and if I want a booster I kick in my dedicated booster, not a trem. Tremelus Lune is just too many knobs. Three is the max for a trem in my book. Unless its a Lovetone Trem, then it will come a with a gazillion knobs and switches. But that's okay, it's a Lovetone.

jimilee

Just finished Griny's electric boogaloo today. It's a stutter trem with a volume trimmer you can turn into and external knob,

http://www.grindcustomsfx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=557
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

Double Flush is a good working trem, but Brian is out of the old version and has the new one in development limbo.

Wobulator is good if you want stereo trem.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Guybrush

More great replies! Thanks.

I ideally want a trem that does a range of waves. That's why I built the TTT but the ticking just makes it unusable. Maybe I'll have to build a couple of the ones you guys have suggested, one for square wave stuff and one for classic trem.

Or try and fix the TTT. I'm kind of at my whits end with it though.

Thanks again!

alanp

If you want a hugely flexible trem, then build a VCA and a LFO (like Rick Holt's Waverunner). It's Eurorack synth, so you'd need an interface (not hard), but it's fun!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

lincolnic

Quote from: Guybrush on July 19, 2014, 09:23:03 AM
I ideally want a trem that does a range of waves.

That's why I suggested the Tremulus Lune. You can basically dial up any wave-shape you can think of...but it's too tweaky for some people. Which is why the Shoot the Moon was designed, I believe.

Stomptown

I have a Shoot the Moon based PCB as well if it suits your fancy. It is a three knob version with external rate, depth and shape controls and an external trim pot to set the desired gain.

garth

I was gonna build a trem but then I found a Danelectro Cool Cat trem for $35. Definitely gonna re-house it because the enclosure is weird and hard to operate, but the tone is just fine.

TGP39

Quote from: Stomptown on July 20, 2014, 03:13:43 AM
I have a Shoot the Moon based PCB as well if it suits your fancy. It is a three knob version with external rate, depth and shape controls and an external trim pot to set the desired gain.

That sounds like a really interesting tremolo Jon. Is it one of your new designs? Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Stomptown

Quote from: TGP39 on July 22, 2014, 01:57:46 AM
Quote from: Stomptown on July 20, 2014, 03:13:43 AM

That sounds like a really interesting tremolo Jon. Is it one of your new designs? Steve.

Yeah, I've been meaning to get them up for sale but I've been super busy with work and I'm also trying to get a PCB store up and running. I'm just about done with that and a few projects will be available once it is up and running.  In the meantime, hit me up with a PM if you are interested in grabbing one...