News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dumb Klon Question...

Started by rullywowr, July 15, 2014, 05:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rullywowr

In a Klon, why are the resistors (two 68k and the 100k pull down) on the switch?  Is there any specific reasoning behind this?  Why not just include them on the board before the wire run to the switch (wouldn't it be electrically the same?)

I'm leaning towards "because it's Mojo" or "unicorn farts" but I wanted to see what you guys had to say.  Thanks!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

icecycle66

I also have always wanted to know this.
I've seen the same sort of thing on other 6 lug switches.

jkokura

There's at least one of them that's not electrically the same when it's on the board over the switch. I remember there being a version of the Sunking (etched) early on that had issues, and it all traced back to these parts being on the board, not on the switch... Maybe Brian recalls better than I.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

On the Klon the resistors are on the PCB. On the Sunking I they were on the switch because I could not fit them on the PCB. But, I put them on the PCB for SK2.

What Jacob is referring to is way back on the first version of SK1, there was a mistake in the wiring diagram where one of the 68k resistors was not removed from the signal path the way it was supposed to be (I think this was 2009?). But, this was corrected in the doc later on and subsequent versions made the correction permanent.

rullywowr

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

juansolo

LOL, I always assumed they were some sort of anti-pop measure! So there's no reason at all for them to be on the stomp?
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk