News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Selmer Buzztone Clone - Crustache

Started by mcasemo, July 14, 2014, 12:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcasemo

I'm learning the waterslide decal stuff, working on etching (having trouble), but here is one of four of these i built for friends, a selmer buzztone clone with the boost switch, in an oversized octagon box.  crustache is sorta slang for a prepubescent mustache, fuzzy you know.  anyway it sounds pretty cool.  used AC125's in all of them, seems to be pretty forgiving to gain, but i'm partially deaf....  anyway, love these octagon boxes...

cheers

bcalla

Cool build.  I like the enclosure.  Gut shot?

selfdestroyer

Love the color and the font you used. Great job.

Cody

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mcasemo

Thanks Y'all.  Here is a photo of a red one with a gut shot (sorry bad iphone camera).  I'm still learning how to optimize off board wiring obviously.  I did one of those font-matcher things online to find a font similar to the Selmer font.

GammaFlex

The enclosures are awesome! I'm curious though how well you can drive AC125s with only 2 AAs? wouldn't that only be around 3v?

mcasemo

3v was in the original circuit, it sounds pretty cool though.  It was Syd Barrett's pedal.  Joe Gore included it in his germanium fuzz roundup, check it out.

http://tonefiend.com/guitar/fuzzdetective/

GammaFlex

Oh that's cool! thanks for the info :)