News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Low Rider Troubleshooting

Started by uber, October 25, 2014, 08:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uber

So I populated my Low Rider Build and hooked it up to my test rig to bias the trimpot per the instructions.

I was able to get a single and the down octave effect sounded good, but a bit noisy.   However, when the UOCT1 pot was turned halfway clockwise or higher, the signal was gone completely and adjusting the trimpot seemed to have no effect on this or the sound when I was able to get some with the pot turned below halfway. 

I will get voltages from the 6 ICs and post, but after taking a good look over things I wanted to ask a preliminary Q:

I have had several projects where the ICs are identified without a package type, which I assume is because the different manufacturers have different codes.  However, I was thinking that I may have used the wrong type of IC here, which would cause problems..

I have the following ICs on the board:
IC1 - TL072CP
IC2 - LM324N
IC3 - CD4013BE
IC4 - CD4013BCN
IC5 - TL074CN
IC6 - TL074CN

FYI, I did use the upper octave mod found in the instructions, omitting C12 and substituting a 10n for C10.  There's a pic in case it helps.

Thanks in advance!

m-Kresol

I think you should have omitted C12 completely without jumpering it.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

the3secondrule

Quote from: m-Kresol on October 25, 2014, 09:29:19 PM
I think you should have omitted C12 completely without jumpering it.

^^ this - have a look at the schematic. jumpering C12 is shunting the octave up signal to ground
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

uber

Awesome!  That was it... glad I posted the pic.  Thank you both for the quick responses, I really appreciate it.  Now on to troubleshoot the Current Lover...